Saturday, December 30, 2006
Friday, December 29, 2006
I started taking Vemma 2 months ago and I told you I'd update you on how it's working for me. I can honestly say that I haven't remembered to take it every single day, but I do notice when I don't because I'm tired and just seem to be a bit scatter brained, so I always regret forgetting. I like to take it with breakfast because it starts my day off right. I do have more energy, I need less sleep at night and I don't take naps in the afternoon anymore. I get far less headaches, I feel like my thoughts are more organized and I'm more productive, plus I've lost 4 pounds through all the holiday eating and it's not even made for weight loss. All of these things have blessed my life. I am the BIGGEST skeptic and I really didn't want to try it when my dad showed it to me, but now I can't imagine not having it. I function in everyday busy mom life so much better now. I love it!
Here are some testimonials of some people that my dad started on Vemma for anywhere from a few weeks to 2 1/2 months...
- Dave...has more energy and requires less sleep.
- Matt...who is training to be a professional baseball picture has more energy and notices more clarity in his thoughts and focus.
- Derral...no more 2:00 naps
- Jared...major burnout from working 2 jobs. He has more energy and alertness.
- Ron (my dad)...needs less sleep, clarity and focus in his weekly service work
- Ruth...has struggled with the ability to take care of her son who has leukemia, now she feels more in balance and leveled out so she can better take care of him.
- Coleen (my sister)...super busy with running in home daycare, has a special needs child, delivers pizza at night, and going through foster care classes. She has way more energy, and notices when she doesn't take it because she can't focus properly. When she's on it she gets more tips because she isn't getting lost delivering pizza so she can get more runs in. :o)
- Kathleen (my mom)...she is a diabetic and has weight issues often associated with that disease. She has lost 16 pounds, sleeps much less, more energy, her coloring is improving so much. Her lips are no longer purple and her feet and ankles look so much better. She also has not had problems with sleep apneia. That is huge because it's scary to stop breathing while you sleep. Just the improvement with my mom makes me teary because I worry so much about her. This is truly a gift and I am so grateful that I didn't let my stubbornness keep me from trying this product.
- Vemma has mangosteen fruit, xanthone-rich mangosteen pericarp extract, 12 essential antioxidant vitamins, over 65 plant-source, major, trace & ultra-trace ionic minerals, whole-leaf aloe vera & green tea. That's a lot of good stuff packed in this little bottle. Each box comes with 30 bottles to last you a month. They have bigger bottles that you can mix, but the V2-30 pack of individual bottles are so much easier and I think their cute too! It has a 100% money-back, risk-free, empty-bottle guarantee and it's FREE to sign up as a member. What could be easier than that?!
If you have any questions you can call my dad's 1-800 # (he's had that number for years) that way it won't cost you any money to call. He just knows more about it than I do. I just know I like it and I need it...ya'll know I'm a simple girl. :o) Ron Peters 1-800-736-7198 or email him a firstname.lastname@example.org Here is a link to my website (you get a website free when you sign up) and also to the testimonial website to see how it's helped other people. I know that plenty of people don't care about any of this, but I've gotten some emails about it so I know that some of you are interested in feeling better in a healthy all natural way. I also put my dad's phone number and email addy on my side bar so it will be easier to find once this post scrolls down into the archives. Thanks for listening to me ramble.
Kim J...Thank you for commenting on my previous post. You commented a few months ago and I followed your name to the website you set up to honor the life of your son. That night I sat here looking at his sweet pictures and listening to the music. I cried and sobbed for the better part of an hour. I couldn't even collect myself enough to go to bed that night. I can't imagine the loss you must feel and how hard the holidays have been for you without him. I've thought of you many times over the past 2 months, so thank you for letting me "see" you again.
P.S. I still can't comment on typepad blogs...not even from Mark's computer...so sad! :o(
Thursday, December 28, 2006
Last night we went to a wedding of our good friends son. We have been close to this family for so many years and have been on several vacations together as well. I sure the love the Stokum family. This is Landis who is not only handsom, but a great young man as well....and his beautiful new wife Keara. Their reception was outside...which normally isn't a problem here in Arizona, but we got rain, so the beautiful decorations and tables were abandoned as people huddled under whatever shelter was available. I wanted to get a picture of all of them, but it was pretty squishy where they were standing to be greeted. It was still a lovely reception, although a soggy one.
Every Saturday we go out to breakfast, but last Saturday we had fog. I know some of you see it all the time, but we never get fog, so I thought is was very cool! Still too cold to ride the bikes for me, so I followed behind in the truck and took pictures of them riding in it. I know...not the safest thing to do. :o)
Wednesday, December 27, 2006
Tuesday, December 26, 2006
Just a quick post to share some more Christmas pictures of the kids opening some presents. Even on a tighter budget this year, they were happy with what they got. Cody and Cole both got heeleys. They have been practicing...which has involved several wipe outs but they are getting better. Cody has spent most of his time drawing pictures with his new art kit. He was so excited about getting a ream of white card stock. I had to laugh about that. Chad loves his Army jacket, we loved having Sandy over too. Kyle got some new soccer gear and Ipod accessories. We got Brek and Mark a cool new drills that is small but powerful. I got Brittany a Sunday dress and a couple of maternity shirts. I also made them a sign with their name on it. I got the red kitchen aid pots and pans that I wanted from Chad and Sandy. Mark hasn't got me the photoshop yet, but plans to. I got a really soft robe from my sister Julie and a precious moments figurine of a couple on a motorcycle from my mom. It's so cute! We did get several things for each kid, but also got a lot of family games. Mark and Cole are downstairs right now putting together a new puzzle. We like to play games as a family so I'm glad we got more to add to our collection.
Monday, December 25, 2006
They are the cutest couple...don't you think they look great together?! I sure do!
Here is an even closer close up. It's white gold with thin bands on yellow gold. I think it's a gorgeous ring and so does Sandy. She keeps saying "I love my ring"
Yes...we even had an appearance from the most adorable mini Santa. Ignore the fact that I was wearing a dirty apron and just look how cute baby Mark is. We sure love that sweet baby...and we love Sandy, our newest addition the family.
Friday, December 22, 2006
Then Ellen (another new blogging buddy) noticed that I liked barns, so she sent me these 4 barn cards. Isn't she a fabulous photographer. I love them and they will not be sent to others. They will be framed and hung in my barn themed scraproom. Thanks so much Ellen!
Look at all the beautiful cards that thoughtful people have sent me so far and I know there will be more in the mail tomorrow. They are from real life friends, family and blogging buddies. They are so wonderful! I love each and everyone. These cards will stay on my door until February 1st. Just so you know, I NEVER throw away cards. I have every card ever given to me. I just can't see throwing something away that someone cared enough to send to me. Every year I look through all the ones of years past and they bring me happiness.
- Treats that have been dropped of by friends and neighbors.
- Finally finding heeleys in Cody big foot size.
- Taking care of baby Mark today...seeing him smile and coo...melts my heart.
- Spending time with my boy, Chad.
- Finding the PERFECT thing to frame family photos in....so excited about this project. Will post pictures when I'm done!
- Getting my nails done and I got waxed again...OUCH...tears ran down my face, but I look much better!
- Handmade presents are almost done.
- Mailing the goodies to the winners on Wednesday. They should be to Juile and Briana soon!
- The overwhelming love I feel from all of you through your comments. It mean so much to me to see how you support Chad in what he's doing and how you genuinely care what happens in my family. Friends like that are priceless. My most sincere thanks to all of you!
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Tuesday, December 19, 2006
This evening enrichment was held at my friend Kelly's house instead of the church. She and I have the same taste in decor and we both loves barns, roosters and all things country. Those big barn doors is her fridge and freezer! I so love that! I also love what she did to her cabinets. I've been wanting to paint mine out, but have been afraid to make such a drastic change, but I love how hers turned out, just to darn cute...her whole house is serious cuteness!
Monday, December 18, 2006
Sunday, December 17, 2006
He had lots of hugs to go around. I didn't let go for a long time, so the boys had to share hugs.
Kyle's not much of a huger so they wrestled instead...boys! :o)
We baby sat Mark today and took him to church with us. Cole sure loves him. He'd fed him and burped him too. Such a good uncle.
This is the first time Chad has seen him because he was still in the hospital when Chad left for boot camp. Sorry, I forgot to turn the picture and I'm too tired to re-do the whole thing to fix it now....tilt your head and it looks just fine. :o)
Grandpa Mark can always get a smile from baby Mark. :o)
Chad and Sandy. Such a cute couple. They really love each other.
These were taken after church. Chad wore his class A uniform and looks so handsome. The colored bar is for entering in time of war, he got a metal for sharp shooter and another one for expert in grenades. Chad already has his orders. On January 3rd he goes to Fort Brag North Carolina for 10 weeks of training, then a 9 month tour in Afghanistan. That news breaks my heart and also makes me proud. It's so scary to me and it's such a long time. Sandy cried half the way home. She is trying to be strong, but knows it's going to be so hard to be without him for a whole year. We should get to see him for 2 weeks inbetween the training and leaving the country. Let me just say that two weeks is not long at all.
Saturday, December 16, 2006
WOW! 62 comments! You girls really impressed me! I feel so loved! Now did you see just how easy it is to comment?!...now maybe I will see more of all of you...I sure hope so! As you can see I printed up 14 pages of comments and had the boys draw out names. Cody didn't want to smile, but I made a comment about a girl he likes giving him a kiss and he fought hard to hold it in. The winners are Briana and Julie! Congratulations girls! Send me your addresses so I can get your goodies in the mail. I hope you enjoy them! I honestly wish you all could have won....seriously, I do!
I slaved away for 2+ days from morning till late night working on the catering job. I made soooo much food! It turned out beautiful and sweet Camille was appreciative as were her dad and step mom who hired me. Now I have the money to finish my Christmas shopping. For that I'm so thankful. I'm glad I was able to be a part of making her big day special. There were only 2 casualties. I broke a nail and my nephew broke the lid to my glass water jug as we were bringing everything back in the house. So sad!
Thursday, December 14, 2006
Each winner will get the jar of kisses and 2 ornaments
Close up of the Jolene original ornaments. I used the bazzill bling paper...that's why they are sparkly.
- Start decorating the weekend after Thanksgiving
- Black Friday shopping is a must...followed by breakfast out with Mark and my sisters
- Listen to Christmas music from the day after Thanksgiving through Christmas night
- Family Christmas Eve party here which includes yummy dinner, gift exchange for names we drew and white elephant game...so fun..and sometimes mean in a fun way. :o)
- Go to see the Mesa Arizona Temple lights
- Drive around looking at everyone's light displays
- Handmade Christmas cards
- Bake treats and make candy for all of the families on our street
- Everyone gets new pajamas Christmas Eve
- Read from the scriptures about the birth of Christ before we open presents Christmas morning...He is the reason for the season after all. :o)