***Updated to add*** I just got home from the doctor. My chest got to feeling really heavy and crackly. It took me 2 1/2 hours to get ready to go. I'd shower, lay down, get dressed, lay down, dry my hair, lay down. You get the picture. I have no strength and I'm real achy. Turns out I have bronchitis. They gave me a breathing treatment, antibiotics and an inhaler so I can breathe better. Back to bed for me. It's a new year...I've got things to do...darn body wont let me...sheesh! Me and my honey
Freezing our tooshies off on top of South Mountain.
(using tripod and timer)
I love that man.
I've been sick in bed with a bad cough, sore throat, low grade fever, chills, the works. Did you know that giving birth to 5 children makes you lose control of your bladder when you cough, sneeze or laugh hard? Have to cross my legs tight to avoid embarrassing myself. Nice, huh?! One of the perks of motherhood. I decided to get up to share my goals with you, then I'm heading back upstairs to my nice warm bed. :o)
New Years Resolutions
I know some of you are saying to yourselves "not another goal obsessed list" I know there are lots of people who don't make resolutions because they are disappointed when they fail at them. I try to have a more positive attitude about them. In my mind how can we strive to make our lives better if we don't set goals for ourselves? So, of course I'm all about the goals. Here's this years list...
- Spend more meaningful quality time with my family.
- Continue to work on home organization projects.
- Learn to teach with confidence...this is huge!
- Do something scrapbook related at least twice a month.
- Lose 30 pounds...according the the body fat % test I'm 29% fat and have grand total of 51.9 pounds of fat, but I will be happy to be rid of 30 of those 51.9. Oh my crud! How is that possible? What an eye opener that was. I will still eat what I like because I have the need to be happy, but I will drink more water, eat smaller portions, and exercise at least 4 times a week.
- Be a better housekeeper
- Complete all my personal progress goals in young women's. This is huge as well.
- I will read the Book of Mormon.
- I will teach my boys to cook and bake.
- I will create a cookbook for each of them with pictures and easy instructions full of family favorite recipes to give to them next year for Christmas.
Happy New Year to all of you. I hope your celebrations are safe and happy ones. I always worry with so many drunks on the road, so I tend to stay home to ring in the new year.
Feel free to share some of your goals with me. :o)