Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Before I go...check out Cole's leg! He was standing backwards on a diving board and did a bounce preparing to do a back flip and he slipped, leaving him with a nice gouge in his leg that is swollen and infected. His leg is turning a lovely shade of green. He said the diving board was slick and had no traction on it like most boards. He couldn't play in his basketball game because it hurt too much.
Having boys is just so much fun.....and some days.....not so much!
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Right after dinner tonight Chad had to leave for work. Doesn't he look so handsome. He got a new job as a security supervisor. He has graveyard shift this week, but will be working days. Hunter and Kyle got hired on with the same company as security. Chad got the supervisor position because of his military experience. They said he was over qualified, but they are thrilled to have him. The other two will start next week when they get their guard cards in.
- Brek, Brittany and the boys are doing well. They had some struggles with unemployment for a while, but are working on getting back on their feet. They are still very happily married. It's always a good test to see how young couples work through trials. Baby John turns one in a few short weeks. Then baby Mark turns 2 less than a month after that. They sure are getting big. Last time I was there Mark was sleeping so I played with John. He gave me big wet kisses. He was so fun to play with. The time before I got to play with Mark. He loves to sword fight and walk up the wall and flip over (with help of course) I will take pictures next time I go to see them. Brittany hasn't blogged because for now they don't have Internet.
- The mat I use to scrap on is from making memories. You can find it here . It's a self healing one that is 17" X 23". I wish it was at least 24 inches, but it still works great.
- I didn't make the big star that was used at camp. We borrowed it from our old stake that went to camp 2 weeks before us and had the same theme. It's made of Styrofoam. It was put together like a puzzle and wrapped in gold fabric.
- No, I'm not adjusting to my calling yet. I miss the young women and the other leaders. I understand that I'm fully capable of doing my new calling very well. I just don't enjoy it AT ALL. I tried really hard not to cry on Sunday. It wasn't easy. We'll see how it goes.
- Yes indeed Sonic does sell ice by the bag. Well most of them do. I've been to a few that don't. Apparently there are some people who have never had it so they don't understand why it's so fabulous. The reason so many people love it and why I'm addicted to it is because it's really teeny soft pellets of ice. It gets even softer as it sits in your drink. It's so dang good!!! I HATE big ice that is clear and hard. Like what McDonald's has...which by the way, Maricopa is getting a McDonald's and a QT. Both are currently under construction. As well as the biggest tutor time I've ever seen in my life. The Wal-Mart is still in parking lot stage. Not moving along quick enough for my liking. I want to see some real building going on.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Went to the grocery store today because we needed food. That's usually why I go. Strawberries were on sale 10 for $10. How could I pass that up? Well I couldn't! I've been waiting and waiting for them to go on sale so I could make freezer jam. I did a ginormous batch. We're talking 8 things of strawberries ( I saved 2 for the boys to eat), 32 cups of sugar (crazy huh?!) and 8 boxes of can-jell. I mixed it in my tupperware thatsa mega bowl. I love that thing, but do wish mine was in the new color instead of white. It holds 42 cups...which makes no sense since the ingredients were more than that. It must have something to do with the sugar dissolving. Who knows. All I know is it all fit in that bowl...barely. I had Cody helping me stir because there was a lot of stirring involved and my hands don't do well with that. That batch filled 15 jars and 8 plastic containers. Aren't they so pretty? Well I think they're pretty. One of the girls in young women brought me over a loaf of bread that she baked today. Gotta love that sweet girl! Can't wait to eat it with homemade jam on it.
Monday, July 21, 2008
Friday was so crazy busy. I barely had time to gather enough stuff to make ONE layout before I had to head to town. I so wanted to do more. Next month I will be more prepared. I am pretty happy with the layout I did get done. It's from our trip to Catalina Island. That was one of our destination stops when we went on our 20th anniversary cruise a few years ago. It was so fun to scrapbook in 12X12 format. I'm doing the whole cruise album in that size. I really had a great time with my friends. It was some much need fun/creative girl time.
Friday, July 18, 2008
I was tagged by Cindi so I thought I'd do a real quick post in my very limited available time today. Here it goes...
Ten Years Ago:
I was 30 years old and living in a teeny 1,050 square foot house in Mesa with my cute hubby and 5 much much smaller boys. Brek was 11, Chad was 10, Kyle was 8, Cody was 5 and Cole was 1 1/2. Ahhh, the good old days when I had more energy because the Lord knew my survival depended on it. I was pretty new to scrapbooking and busy woodcrafting for the ever popular barn boutique. My craft sales paid for Christmas in those days.
Five things on today's to do list:
1. Finish this blog post.
2. Shower so I smell good and get looking presentable.
3. Put together a few scrapbook layouts to work on tonight. YES! I actually get to scrapbook. The ladies from star riders are getting together for dinner, hitting scrapbooks Etc, then going to Mindy's house to scrap. I"m not good at being a mobile scrapbooker since I'm only use to working around here, but I figured I could manage to put together supplies for a couple of projects.
4. Drive to town early so I can take a man in our ward to the airport, go to post office and bank, pick up a birthday present, go see my grand babies and drop Kyle off, and meet up with the girls for dinner and fun.
5. Drive home safely after staying up way too late tonight. It doesn't help that I had next to no sleep last night. Dang restless leg thing was real bad!
Snacks I enjoy:
I love to snack!!! I've been trying harder to behave so I bought those big boxes of 100 calories snacks from Sam's Club. They have a good variety and I really like them. I'm able to get a little treat with less guilt. Not saying I don't splurge. If a real dessert is offered there is no way I'm passing it up. Had myself some chocolate cake the other night. YUM! Mindy is making desert tonight and I will partake. :o)
Things I would do if I were a millionaire:
Be debt free, build a country style house with a wrap around porch a white picket fence with big trees, grass, flowers and a garden, complete with a little red barn out back.
Build a cabin in the woods to escape the heat and take in the beauty of the mountains.
Have a 2 year supplies of food and other needs.
Help my family and friends.
Places I have lived:
Arizona-Phoenix, Mesa, Chandler, Tempe, Maricopa.
I am now supposed to tag 4 people, but I can't pick, so if you would like to play, i would love to read your answers. Come back and let me know so I can check out your blog.
That's it for now. I have lots to do and not enough time. I don't even have time to proof read this so there will be more errors than normal. :o)
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Now everything is separated into containers that match and are properly labeled for teachers to check out things they need for their class that day. Each container not only has the description, but a stock number so when they are checked out they have to write the number on the sheet. It makes it easier to find missing items instead of just saying we are missing 2 things of chalk and erasers. I will know who checked out the missing #3 and #8. That little library needs a lot more organizing. So many things in there from the dark ages or completely non existent. At least I have a good start.
Chad traded in his Ford Mustang and bought himself a Chevy Silverado Z71 4X4 truck. He loves it! It sure is pretty...but as a mother it's kind of weird and scary when your kids start establishing their own credit. I told him we'd go over a budget to keep his finances in order. If he is good with his money he could get and maintain a good credit score. I know from experience how hard it is to overcome not so good credit.
$5.18 for 3 bags of ice from Sonic. Best spent money ever in my mind...and done frequently.
I've decided that I can never live far from a Sonic. I just love their ice too much. I can't go a day without it. It's so bad I even brought up an ice chest full of just ice to girls camp. (along with a case of water) I fill up my big scrapaholic mug 4 times a day with yummy ice water and the occasional Pepsi! I rarely leave home without my cup of water. I have spilled it a time or two in the car. (don't tell Mark) It hasn't stopped me from bringing it with me. I love my ice water. It makes me happy. It's nice to have something so small bring me happiness. What small things make you happy?
Friday, July 11, 2008
The food buffet was set up so cute so I had to share pictures of it. Just beautiful! Cammy has been requesting me to make some salsa so I took the opportunity to take pictures of the process starting with the ingredients to the finish. I needed to do this anyways so I could include it in the recipe books I'll be making for the boys for Christmas.Cody took this picture while I was dicing tomatoes and talking on the phone. I had no idea he took and did not include it on her recipe card. By the way...I've lost 7 pounds so far. It's not much, but it's something. 33 pounds to go.
Here is the recipe card I made her. When I first started to cook, pictures were very handy. The ones I do for the recipe book will be full size 8 1/2 X 11 so I can put them in page protectors and in washable albums.
I've had some people wanting the recipe again so here it is.
2. The grand babies are doing great. The just moved into a new apartment and are having fun exploring their new digs. They had a transformer blow up outside their place last night in the storm. Scared them to death. In the next few weeks I plan on picking them and Brittany up to get the boys their first haircuts. I will have my camera handy that day.
4. My librarian duties are to get it organized and figure out what were missing. The library in the church is not like a regular library. It has resource materials for the teachers who teach primary and sunday school etc. I'm there to get them pictures, materials, scriptures, chalk, crayons, etc that they need to go a long with their lessons each week as well as make copies for things they need for the kids in their classes.
On top of that I'm in charge of the weekly sacrament program that people get when they come in the chapel. It has on it who is speaking, saying opening and closing prayers, what songs we'll be singing as well as announcement.
Then there is the ward newsletter that will contain all the buzz about what's going on in the ward. It will all keep me busy. Still really feeling very emotional about this whole thing. I'm sure my attitude will improve once I get into the swing of things.
I think that was all the questions. If there were any more that I forgot, let me know.
Thank for for all the sweet comments on my previous post. Girls camp was truly a wonderful and unforgettable experience.