Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Thank you!...and some crafty things



I am deeply touched by the out pouring of caring and thoughtfulness to me and my family. It brought tears to my eyes to read all of your comments...both in regards to losing Cinnamon and the compliments to me regarding my blog and why you read it. It filled my heart with joy to know that people really care about me and all the crazy stuff I seem to have in my life all the time. I guess I never thought anyone would be interested in my day to day life that I'm sure some people would find quite boring or un-interesting. I don't consider it eavesdropping to read my blog...although I talk about personal things, it is a public blog and I love to hear from all of you. I'm just a girl...no frills...real life stuff.
I've been having lots of headaches I got to thinking that perhaps they are stress induced. It made me think back to recent events such as my breast biopsy scare, augmentation surgery, missing the birth of my grandson, sleeping in a dumb chair for a month, the baby being in the NICU for 6 long weeks, worrying about Chad in boot camp on the other side of the country, the financial stress of running our own business, the day to day work of keeping a large family going, losing my Grandma, then losing Cinnamon...it's no stinkin' wonder my head, neck and shoulders are killing me all the time. Mark felt sorry for me and gave me a massage with this stinky oil that gets hot. I got it from my chiropractor. I'm feeling a bit better and smell minty fresh to boot. :o)
Today we had a craft day at my church. Brittany and I did these cute jars. The big one says "hand over the chocolate and no one gets hurt" I'm a girl who loves to have a teeny bit of chocolate everyday. Not too much...just enough to get my little fix. The small ones I will fill for Christmas gifts. Still gotta tie ribbon on the lids. I also made 2 wood plaque signs, but they're not finished yet. The lady who did the vinyl accidentally put our established year as 1992 instead of 1986, so she is re-doing it for me. I will take pictures when I'm done...they're real cute! It was nice to get my mind off things for a few hours and do something fun.
Before I sign off I want to wish my sister Coleen a big happy birthday! Love you girl!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jolene, thank you for remembering! Love you too! I will be in foster care class for my birthday. Cute jars by the way. Tell Brek Happy Birthday. It was like I hardly saw him when we went over the other night. Kaden got a hold of my camera and erased over 100 pictures, could have been 200, I don't know. I'm just sick about it. I was crying tonight. There was so many pictures I loved on it.

Hippofatamus said...

Hi there,

Just wanted to let you know that i love the jars, I may have to 'lift that idea! Would make an awesome Christmas gift for neighbours filled with cookies! I sent you an e-mail because I had tons I wanted to say, I was a little long winded!

Missy Glave said...

Oh what fun, cute crafty things you made. I absolute adore giving & receiving handmade gifts ... I think they are very heartfelt.

You HAVE been under alot of stress lately ... and as you said the body recognizes it. Your husband sounds like a wonderful, loving man ... massages are a terrific way to relieve stress. And aromatherapy (the stinky minty oil) can work wonders.

I hope you have a fun, stress-free day today.

SmileyCarrie said...

Great jars!! What type of things do you put in for Christmas??

You definitely have been under IMENSE stress.. in multiple areas of your life. have you ever tried meditation?? Its supposed to be really good for you.. and also gives you some time each day just for you.

*HUG*

Chris G said...

Those are so dang cute...can't wait to find out what you fill them with.

Tell Mark you need a vacation of pampering for a couple of days...maybe go somewhere maybe stay home and let the guys take care of you for a change. (he can cook so let him)

Your massage oil works....I loved that stuff.

Andi said...

Love the jars with the ribbons! Chocolate heals the soul!!! Craft Day sounds fun...I need a creative day where I make something besides a meal!

Anonymous said...

Adorable jars...you always have great ideas and projects. May I ask, where did you find those adorable jars...?

Anonymous said...

Love the jars Jolene, lovely idea! You've mentioned a few times that you run your own business but I may have missed what it is. If it's not too nosey maybe you could let us know. Hope your massage helped and enjoy doing the fun things when you get a chance.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow...LOVE these jars! What a fun idea! Never thought to do vinyl on a jar......such a cute idea!!!!!!!!!!

Chickenbells said...

Oh, I love the jars...and a little chocolate a day is a great thing! Think of how many head aches and other aches you'd have if you didn't have chocolate. (wait...that's a stressful thought, banish it from your mind) I was taking pictures for my post tomorrow, and accidentally sat on my um...LARGE...box of Junior Mints, and almost had a heart attack...I need that handful of mints a day man...!!!

Pam said...

What cute Jars! Love the big one! I'm a chocolate a day girl too! Sometimes not so small! ;)