Today was the day I had to say goodbye to my truck. The claims adjuster came early this morning and the tow truck soon after that. The body shop had a good look at it and have decided to total it because the frame is bent and tweaked all the way down. I'm so sad about this. I love my truck and I can't afford to buy another one. Another problem is that more than likely they will value the truck far lower than the pay off amount and we'll have to pay the difference. I don't even have the deductible money let alone a few thousand dollars to pay off the difference...so thanks to the un-insured red light runner we will be taking it up the back side financially and be without a much needed vehicle. I will find a positive spin on this tragedy....give me a few days to think about it.
Let me give you a little George wrecked car history...not every car we've owned, just the wrecked ones.
- Ford escort...first car...rear ended by an un-insured taxi cab while being 6 month pregnant with Brek.
- Ford LTD...wrecked that while on our way to Colorado for a family reunion. Brek and Chad were very little.
- Oldsmobile silhouette mini van...was t-boned with me and 7 kids in the car, started to roll over from the force of the impact, but Heavenly Father was kind enough to place a school bus in our path to stop the roll just as 2 of the kids were on their way out of the van. We were blessed that day.
- Ford F-150 pick up...in a several minor car accidents mostly involving Brek or our employee Eric driving it...two of which were scraped down the side of my suburban. Brek drives that truck now for work.
- Ford F-350 extra cab...Was hit in the drivers side while Mark was driving then later totaled by Eric.
- Suburban...Mark backed into someone...only had to replace the back doors. Still alive and kicking, but has lots of scars...poor baby! (that's what I'm driving now...AC is out. Big problem when you live here)
- Toyota corolla...Chad totaled that on homecoming with it loaded up with teenagers that were on a group date.
- Chevy Astro work van....Totaled by Eric as well. This time it wasn't his fault....again an un-insured driver....lost lots of money on that one.
- Concourse (one of Marks motorcycles) wrecked by Chad while we were on our 20th anniversary cruise in March.
- My Chevy Colorado...Totaled by Chad...not his fault...another un-insured driver...so sad!
- We use to have 9 vehicles at one time. (2 years ago) 6 parked in the driveway, 1 in the street and 1 at Eric's. Now we have 2 in the driveway and 1 at Eric's. It looks so weird outside.