Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Happy Birthday Julie!

Today is my sister Julie's birthday. Rene' had to work so Coleen and I took her out to Applebee's for lunch. Yum!Since it was her birthday we ordered the triple chocolate meltdown. Boy howdy was that rich..and GOOD! I'd love to show you a picture of how pretty it was but we devoured it. I did take a picture of the one from the menu, but it was blurry. Trust me...you can't go wrong with chocolate cake, and a hot moulten center with vanilla ice-cream and hot fudge drizzle. Takes me to my happy place just thinking about it. I'm just going to tell you right now...I have no guilt from eating that. I really should, but I don't.
I would however like to lodge a complaint. The apple chimi cheesecake is no longer on the dessert menu!!! What the heck?!?! I go there FOR that! Makes me so mad. That was some serious goodness. After lunch we had to run and drop off Coleen's foster care papers, then headed over to the nail salon for some french pedicures.Julie...aka, the birthday girl

Coleen...who had to turn her whole body for this picture because she can't turn her neck.

Me... yes I am that white...it's not all flash



Proof of just how white I am. I glow next to Julie's tan legs. I really need to pull out the good ol' tan in a can.
Pretty french toes. What? you can see them? Is that better? :o)
I like a day when 3 girls get pampered for one girls birthday.
win...win...win!!!

I got home just in time to go to young women's, then came home to a nice little surprise in the mail from making memories!!! (remember the contest I won a few weeks ago) I got my jar of embellishments from the noteworthy line!!! YAY! I can't wait to use them! Love it!

I'm off to get in my jammies and hop in bed. I recorded American Idol and Big Brother. It seems I'm never home when they are on, so I play catch up. I have forgotten to record the past two Thursday nights, so I missed seeing who got booted.

What a great day! Night all!

17 comments:

Kim said...

Happy Birthday, Julie. There is nothing like a good, relaxing pedicure to make all your worries go away.

Pam said...

You all are sooo cute! I was very angry when they took the chimi off too! :( If you like the meltdown and you have a Chili's near you you need to go in there and try their White Chocolate one, it's better than that chimi! ;)

Cool prize! Enjoy it!

Stacy said...

The apple chimi cheesecake was my favorite too! I know I was really disappointed last time I went and it wasn't on the menu anymore.

Happy Birthday to Julie, sounds like you gals had a wonderful time.

Anonymous said...

white is just fine; it's beautiful (I'm not a sun person so I'm as white as white can get!!)

Marilyn said...

So fun-I wish my sisters lived by me-they live thousands of miles away-you are so lucky!

Briana said...

What? No more apple chimi cheesecake? I'm bummed too!

Glad you had a good time with your sisters! Makes me wish I had a sister!

Monogram Queen said...

Happy Birthday Julie and I love a girlie day! I need a pedi!

Desi said...

I have to agree with you on the triple chocolate meltdown, pure delight...I blogged about it a while ago and I was too busy enjoying it to get a picture of it also. That's why I just posted a picture of it from their website: http://deejaya.blogspot.com/2008/01/oh-yes-its-ladies-night-or-day-rather.html

It sounds like you had a wonderful day with your sisters. I wish mine lived close enough that I could do that too.

Suzie said...

I adore pedicurs almost as much as good friends.

Susie Q said...

Happy birthday to your sister! Pedicures AND chocolate?? Whoa.
You lucky ladies!!

Love ya,
Sue

Anonymous said...

Yea, it was a good day. We went to Ross and I ended up buying Eric a few outfits and shoes since I was out with you guys. It was fun!

Andi said...

Okay...I'm trying to leave a comment a third time...perhaps it will be the charm...if blogger will let me.

Happy Birthday to Julie! You all look so cute together and getting your pedicures. How fun.

By the way...I tagged you on my blog...

Kimberly said...

I got home from helping my sil Telah and had happy mail...i received my jar of embellishments too. I will get to use mine tomorrow nite at our monthly crop at my church.Have a good day.

Carol Dunton said...

May I just say how fun this day looks? I think it's awesome that you have good friends/sister to go play with, celebrate with, eat with, get pedicures with... good for you!!! It really does sound like a fun time and I thank you for sharing it with us! : ))
P.S. You, my dear girl, can sit in my garden any ol' time! Make yourself at home... and the dog's name is Ross! hehe : ))
xox
VB

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had FUN!!!!

Carolyn said...

Just surfin' by and found you.

Very nice Blog. Looks like you girls had fun!

Carolyn

linda t said...

What fun memories out with the girls!
Hey, if you know of some good self-tanning, let me know! I am soooo white! And now that it's warming up, I need help!
Thanks Jolene!