Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Wedding plans



This is my oldest son Brek with Brittany...the girl he will be marrying in a few short weeks. They look so cute together. I have spent the past few weeks hand making 200 invitations for the reception. They FINALLY went in the mail yesterday. It was such a huge relief to shove them through the slit at the post office and to be done with that part. There is still so much left to do, but I'm feeling better about things now. Mark made reservations for their honeymoon at the Majestic Mountain Inn in Payson today. We love that place! I also got my dress today. I'm going to have to continue to exercise really hard so that I will look semi-good in the dress. The other day I was talking to a cute, almost 6 year old girl and she said to me "Jolene...you look like you're pregnant, but I know you're not. You just ate too much!" UGGGGG!!!! As you can imagine, I was crushed, but I also know that it is so true. I decided right there and then that I was going to do something about the way I look. It's going to take some time, but I have a renued committment. The wedding plans will all come together and I will make sure it is a beautiful and memorable experience for them. I can't believe I have a son getting married...sniff..sniff....Here is what the invitation looks like. It's simple, but still nice.

3 comments:

Grandma September said...

Yea!!!! I see POSTS!!!!! way to go Jolene! LOL This is such an exciting time, you should definitely capture it all as well as your feelings each day, I think... :) Tember

MagicSprinkles said...

jolene, I am a fellow blogspot blogger in gilbert, AZ.....how did you get a banner at the top of your blog????
April Haymore
www.aprilhaymore.blogspot.com

Jolene George said...

Hi April! To be honest I have no idea. My good friend from Virginia had her husband do it for me. I just told what I wanted and he did it. He still has some tweaking to do, but I LOVE it. I'm to new to this to have a clue what I'm doing. It's nice to meet a fellow local blogger. I took a peek at yours and you have some wonderful pictures!