Wednesday, February 22, 2006

My grandbabies growth so far...

Exciting development for my unborn grandchild. Brittany has just hit the 11 week mark and everything is going well. The information below is copied and pasted. It in no way reflects that I think it's a girl, because I know better and I think it's a boy....because that's what George's do. I'll be thrilled either way...just give me healthy!

Size Your baby is about 1 3/4 to 2 1/2 inches long and weighs about a third of an ounce, the size of a peanut.
Development This is a big week for your baby's growth -- she'll double in height. At the end of the week, her head and body will be roughly equal in length. This week also starts an active phase for her-she can turn somersaults, roll over, flex her fingers, hiccup, and stretch. You won't be able to feel her movement for another month and a half. She's floating in lots of amniotic fluid. Her limbs are developing from webbed paddles into arms and legs that have well-defined fingers and toes. Fingernails, toenails, and hair follicles are also beginning to form.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you on the new Grandbaby! I agree with you it doesn't matter if it's a boy or girl just be healty!
Look at that choc fountain oh my goodness what fun I bet that was!

Grandma September said...

Sigh... its so real Jolene. When I read that I remember reading it before Josh was born. :)

Pam said...

How fun! I bet that brings back lots of memories huh? ;) How excited you must be! I guess you can still hope for a girl among all those boys right! ;) I'm guessing not much tho! I agree, healthy is the biggest hope of all! I look foward to hearing the final results! ;)

Jolene George said...

Gosh yes! On each and everyone of my babies it was fun to track their growth and developoment through my pregnancies. I will keep you all updated as things progress.

Laurie said...

Jolene - It's Saturday and I'm thinking about your wedding celebration. I hope everything goes smoothly and most of all that you enjoy yourself! Best Wishes to the happy couple :o)