Thursday, August 03, 2006

It's over!!!

It's over!!!!! I'm in lots of pain, but so relieved that it's over. We got to the hospital yesterday at 11:00 and got back home by 3:30. I took the meds at 12:00 and was taken back at 12:30. My stomach was doing number on me from being so nervous. Once the meds took hold my stomach was doing better. The biopsy nurse got me ready and put me on my table with my breast hanging through the hole. That hole was quite large, so I'm guessing it accommodates some of you women that were blessed with a large bosom. I however was not. She raised the table up like a car lift and did several squeeze x-rays to pinpoint the exact location. Then the doctor came in and put needles in to numb the area. Then she inserted the tool. It "snaps" in quickly and feels kind of like the sting of a rubber band. She would pull of lengths of tissue, turn the tool and pull out more. In total she pulled out 9 tissues samples. After it was over the nurse showed me the tool and the tissue. It looked like a sharp metal rod that is slightly smaller than a pencil. Each sample of tissue was over an inch long and the thickness of thick yarn or cooked spaghetti. Plus a pile of tissue was was caught in the filter. It was a painful procedure to go through. I laid there on the table just looking around in disbelief that I was actually there all the while clenching my fist so hard from the pain and trying to stay perfectly still. After it was over it took a bit longer to stop bleeding than she had hoped. Once it finally stopped she glued it and put streri strips, then a big gauze pad and ice packs, then wrapped me up tight in an ace bandage. Then I was wheeled into another room to have more mammograms taken and she took pictures of the tissue as well. We took it to pathology and will find out as early as Friday, but possibly not until Monday. You know how after something tramatic happens to your body, that your insides just tremble and shake? Thats how it felt after everything was over. She did tell me that from what she can see that it looked good, so we will just wait for the official report to come in. Mark and my parents were waiting for me afterwards. That was nice to have them there. Last night I had some good friends bring us dinner. It was DELICIOUS and very much appreciated.
This morning I went to Brittany's ultrasound. I know I probably shouldn't have, but I wanted to be there. Everything with the baby is looking good. He is holding stable with no new damage to his intestines. He has gained a pound in the past 2 weeks. He's now up to 4 pounds 6 ounces (not including intestines) Now that I'm home again I am heading back to bed. I wanted to check in, but don't feel very good and hurt quite a bit. By the way...the pills didn't make me nauseous. They do make me feel pretty loopy, but that sure beats sick to my stomach in my book.

Thanks so much to all of you who care enough about my well being and the well being of my family to keep checking in on me and listening to me babble. I love and appreciate your thoughts, prayers and comments.


Jen said...

Glad to see a post from you...I've checked like 10x's today....

My Mom had the same procedure done and it was identical. I hope you receive results tomorrow as a weekend could seem like eternity and I so HOPE that the doctor saying it looked good was correct.

Good news on the change is a good thing :)

Take care!! Feel better and rest up.

September said...

I'm so glad to hear all of this, Jolene. I will pray that you get your results tomorrow rather than having to wait till Monday. I'm also very glad to hear that Brit is doing ok and the baby. :) Wow, anytime now. I'm so jazzed. :) Love,

Keri Tate said...

Oh, Jolene, I'm so happy to hear that it's over and things went fairly smoothly. I hope you get the results tomorrow so that you don't have to stew over the weekend. And the news about the baby is great also. Double blessings! I'll keep you in my thoughts. Please take it easy and take care of yourself. We're thinking of you and sending massive positive thoughts your way! Hope you can feel them.

Pam said...

So glad that part is over and I hope that you get the results and that they are good news very quickly and you can put all this bad stuff behind you. Sorry you are in so much pain!

Glad to hear the little Georges guy is hanging tough!

Joni said...

Jolene - I read the whole post and then realized I hadn't taken a breath through the entire reading! Whew!! I'm glad this is over & am praying the results are Good News and that they come soon! Yea for Baby G! He's a trooper! :) So are YOU! ((Hugs!))

Denise said...

Wow, Jolene, you described that procedure to a tee. When I had mine done over two years ago, they nicked an artery and I bled quite profusely for awhile, enough for the doc to be concerned, but after the lightheadedness passed, I was fine.
It sounds like your prognosis might be good - that's what we're praying for! Thanks for keeping us posted!

Chris said...

I didn't realize I was holding my breath till I read Joni's comment...Whew I am so glad its over for you!!! Have Mark pour you a nice cold pepsi and give you a foot massage....
Good news for Brittany also. I have been worried that baby would get here before we come to AZ...although I would love to see him I pray she will keep him in for a bit longer for a bigger baby.
Take care of yourself.... Love ya HUGS!!

SmileyCarrie said...

Hi Jolene, So glad to hear it done and over... and here's hoping that you hear as soon as possible with the best news. So glad to hear the baby is doing well. Take care of yourself!!!xo

Chickenbells said...

I am so glad you are done with that (I'm sure you are too!) AND...I hope the results are in tomorrow (none of that Monday stuff!!) I can breathe again anyway, I've been thinking about you so much (even in between my mouth pain...hahaa!)

And yay for the bigger baby boy!

Missy's Blog said...

Oh Jolene ... I checked your blog every hour yesterday ... it wasn't a stalker ... it was just me.

I am so glad you made it through the procedure without too much discomfort. I too hope you get the results today and do not have to wait until Monday.

So glad to hear the baby has gained some weight ... and you were able to be there.

Take good care of yourself.

Melissa said...

Oh Jolene,

I am so glad that the procedure is over! It sounds horrible! I am glad that the medicine didn't make you sick, that is a plus. I hope that you hear something very soon, that can be the hardest part sometimes, just WAITING!

I am glad to hear that the baby is doing well too! Wow a pound in 2 weeks, good for him. And no more damage to his intestines, that is terrific.

Know that you and your grandson are in my thoughts and prayers.

Big Hugs,

KathyG said...

Jolene I am so glad that part is over for you. I hope you get the results today and not have to wait till Monday. Just keep thinking positive thoughts. I too remember laying on the table in disbelief that I was having to go thru this. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers today.
I am glad the baby is doing well.
Take good care of yourself!!!


Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... car driving monitors Mazda muddtrucks bookcase wood finish Car insurance ontario mortgage refinancing Charters fishing florida in tampa Constantin watches Cheapest mattresses internet parental control road runner Consumer guide effexor Brian walsh2c jr body building alaska ladies diving watches bentley wheels Fastest make money way hotel internet marketing affiliate Paintball physics Puppy in flowers 3 eyed bingo Retirement planning monroe county holman ford Eax 4.0 headphone butalbital 50caff 40mg tab

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! acura tl racing Tennis betting at first fidelity sportsbook Contra costa county ca mortgages Buy zithromax 1g uniforms for tennis teams 1989 volkswagen fox Audio conferencing bridge Men who liker cum Business auto loan very very low airline tickets prices Alterantive treatments for erectile dysfunction Multi trip insurance holiday portable vacuum cleaner specifications Clomid iui rate success acura car review boating on the great lakes pamela anderson&aposs sex video Acuvue oasys contacts sumatriptan imitrex prescription