Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Before and After(ish)...

Miss Angie over at Angieinshape has just ended round two of the get in shape challenge and she has asked for all of her participants to share their success stories and pictures. Angie will not be doing a round 3 right now because she is now expecting another baby. I am thrilled for her and her family and completely understand. However, I have yet to reach my goal so I will continue on with round 3 on my own and round 4 and 5 if necessary. I am a determined girl! The above picture is my exercise mat that I use for aerobics, my massively huge 1 1/2 pound weights. Impressive, huh?! :o) Baby steps people! The weight of my own arms is plenty heavy so even these little weights are a workout and I have lost an inch off my arms already, so they must be working. Then there is the all important 52 oz QT jug that I use to fill up daily with oh so good pepsi (sometimes twice) and now it's filled with equally good ice water and it's better for me. I can not get through aerobics without my water. I don't know if it's because I'm getting older or I'm just that out of shape, but I dehydrate really fast.
I never thought I'd ever, and I mean EVER share this picture, but I surprise myself everyday. No, I'm NOT pregnant in it, but I sure do look miserable in it and I was.. Remember my baby is 12 and he took this of me back in April. I remember that day very well because I sat here and cried as I looked at it. It's still painful to look at. It's the same one I printed and put on my bathroom wall so I was forced to look at it several times a day. I'm always honest on my blog so I'm not going to sugar coat over numbers. I was 185 pounds there and even though I knew I was a great girl with lots to offer, I had serious self esteem issues. Even now I do, but I'm gaining more confidence every day and if it's possible, I'm even more outgoing.

This picture was taken today at 163 pounds. I've "released" 22 pounds so far. I try not to say "lost" because I would prefer that those pounds don't come looking for me just thinking they've been misplaced. So instead they have been released in hopes to never return. I have 18 more pounds to go to reach my goal of 145. I was a mere 105 pounds when I got married and I have no desire to be that thin again even though I was still shapely at that weight. I chose 145 pounds as my goal because I think it's a healthy weight for my age and when I go to the doctors office and step on those awful scales I don't want to be standing there as the nurse humors me by starting out at the lower weight and I have to watch her slide it all the way up before she has to move the big weight up another notch and start over. It's humiliating! Last time I just told her "No honey...you need to start and the 150 and go from there. I haven't seen the 100 in a real long time."

I'm going to be honest and tell you I don't eat healthy foods, frankly because I don't like most all of them. Salads are beautiful! Love to make them, but will NOT eat them. Gross! Life is too short not to enjoy good food, so I eat whatever I want, only smaller portions. I don't feel like I'm depriving myself, which only makes me grouchy anyways. I still have a pepsi every once in a while for the same reason. I know I couldn't do this whole thing without exercise because the icky before picture is no exercise. So in 18 more pounds I hope not to jiggle anywhere and for my thighs not to touch and for my tummy to be flat! I will post another update once I get there.

Thursday is a happy day! (tomorrow) QT/QuickTrip in Maricopa is having their grand opening in the morning! Guess who will be there bright and early filling up her ginormous QT cup full of yummy ice?! ME!!! I'm so dang excited! AND my cute Kyle is a clerk there so I'll get to see him. I'm thinking I need to bring my camera. :o) I've been looking forward to Thursday for a while now and it's finally here. I've been going to QT in town twice a week and that's just not enough for my liking. Today I went and the good ice machine was down. I was devastated! The dude said he broke it on purpose because he's trying to help me over come my habit. Dang him! Little does he know I just went to another one a few miles away. Don't get between a girl and her soft ice! :o)

34 comments:

Chickenbells said...

Congratulations girl! You look AMAZING...and feeling amazing is even better, isn't it?!?!

chrisg said...

WAhoo look at you!!!

Jacquie said...

You are lookinf Fab-U-Lous!!

The Picketts said...

You really look amazing! Way to go Jolene! Keep up the great work!

Jacquie said...

ooops looking

Rhona said...

Well done Jolene, you're looking fantastic. I'm on weight watchers at the moment and have lost 16 pounds and I know what a difference every pound "released" makes to how you feel. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

Great job Jolene. I'm hoping to follow in your footsteps very shortly. I quit smoking 9 months ago and I hate to use that as an excuse but ever since the pounds really piled on. But I'm attempting to learn portion control and I'm hoping to start walking with my sister in law while I shop for a treadmill (for the bad weather days). Once again congrats on your success.

Anonymous said...

You GO Girl!! You look awesome, and I know you will get there. I am so excited for you.

Thank you for your honesty also, its just as hard to work of the weight as to be honest with others about the whole thing, but its a huge step to show how you ARE building your self confidence.
Blessings

Unknown said...

Jolene - You look awesome - keep up the good work. You have inspired me. Just want you to know I am an "ice junkie" also. I love god ice. Sonic ice is at the top of my list but QT is definatelt a close 2nd.

Erik said...

You look fabulous! I noticed your change in a picture a few posts back. The fact that you feel better about yourself is the best! :0)

Amy said...

You look fantastic! Thanks, for sharing your story and your pictures. This really inspires me to get conrtol of my own weight. Especially, knowing you are doing it while still eating what you want. Like you I am not very fond of the healthy stuff. Keep up the good work!

Ferrill said...

Wow! You are looking sooooo amazing! It almost inspires me to do something about all my extra fluff.

Diana said...

Simply said YAHHHHH Jolene!!

Kassie said...

Looking good!! Congratulations on seeing results of all your hard work. You look great.

Pam said...

LOOK AT YOU!!! You look fantastic girl! I swear what you've lost I've gained and I am not kidding! I am so proud of you and I wanna be you when I grow up!

CHAD & ELISE TYSICK said...

You look great JOLENE! You're such a hot,sassy mama! & I love how you can ride a motorcycle with the best of them...you're such a hip mom!

Marilyn said...

Wow Jolene-you look GREAT! Congrats on all your hard work and good luck for reaching your next goal. You go girl!

mascanlon said...

Wow!! You look terrific Jolene. Its nice nice to see the fruit of all that hard work!

Anonymous said...

Way to go girlfriend! I'm so proud of you!!!!!

Carol Dunton said...

Who's that fly and sassy gal in that second picture??!!?? It's a fabulous JOLENE!! Girllllllllllllllll...you are looking AWESOME and just reading about your story makes me happy and glad and proud of you and all the things that girlfriends love to share and cheer each other on for! Congrats, dear girl, for sticking it to da diet and workouts and making such a wonderful difference in your life...YOU'RE BEAMING!! : ))
xoxo
VB

Cecilia said...

Way to go girl! You look FABULOUS!

Amy said...

Way to go Jolene! You look fabulous! I know it is NOT easy! I am currently working on my own weight loss too. On my bday this year in January, I thought okay my baby is 3 years old now, it is finally time to lose the weight. I am down 43lbs and let me tell you it is hard! I have a SIL who is a size 2 and eats whatever she wants and has NEVER exercised! Darn her! They say every pound you lose is a deficit of 2500 calories! So go you! Whoo hoo Jolene! You should also check out the Hungry Girl book or website, it has helped me tremendously, still eat what I want like burgers and chocolate! We are all in this together! So happy for you!!!!

Honeyed Hashette said...

YOU LOOK AMAZING!
1) Your color looks better.
2) Your posture looks better.
3) You look younger.
4) You look happier!

I am super impressed! GOOO YOU!
Your hard work has paid off! I hope you are looking forward to new clothes. :) You deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Delurking to say how wonderful you look! Congratulations on your weightloss. You are an inspiration!

familywithfivekids said...

You are amazing! Great job! I know you have worked hard - you are an inspiration. You deserve three cheers - hip, hip, horray to YOU!

Cassandra said...

Jolene - You look absolutely FABULOUS! I meant to post earlier when you showed some pics of yourself, because I definitely noticed the loss even without the full body pic. You look great and I am so proud of you!

Briana said...

Congratulations, you look amazing, you really do!

Andi said...

Oh my gosh!!! You look amazing Jolene...simply beautiful!!! Congratulations on your "release". I'm glad you posed the before and after photos...girl you look hot!!!

elizabeth said...

Jolene you look fabulous! Thank you for the honesty on your blog because there are a lot of us out here that get inspired by that.

Lisa said...

Oh, you look wonderful! You go girl! Congrats on all of your hard work!

I love what you said about 'losing' the weight! Cute.

You've inspired me.

Valerie said...

you look AMAZING!

Anonymous said...

Okay, you really do inspire me but I am trying to get there as far as being that committed to working out but I am not quite there yet. Getting close though. The saying in my head does help at times when it comes to eating something that I know I shouldn't, but only sometimes. I love ya girl.

Leah said...

Yay my aerobics buddy!!! Thank you for posting the pictures. You are brave and honest and when I have something to show I am going to post some pictures too. I have only 'released' about 8 pounds so far but I haven't weighed myself since that super saturday chocolate breakfast so I might have to add back a pound or two! I just can't say no to chocolate. Thanks for the boost of motivation ya hottie.

Anonymous said...

Jolene!

I am struggling soooo bad with the weightloss and self esteem thing right now!

Thanks so much for sharing yourself! You've helped motivate me girl! Love yA! You look awesome! Good for you!