Friday, July 13, 2007

Bye-bye bike and hello new computer

Well Mark sold his most favorite bike and now he's down to zero! I'm broken hearted about it because I love this bike. It actually fits my whole hiney comfortably. His other bike did not. I pay attention to other couples who ride bikes and I do not want to be one of those women who have a big chunk of hiney hanging off each side of a teeny seat. Not only is that painful, but I don't need to be showing off my rear end to anyone.I did get a little something special out of the deal. Mark was sweet enough to get me a brand spanking new computer that has all the bells and whistles as well as a new all in one printer. Gotta love that man of mine! I can hardly wait to get it all hooked up. Our computer dude is coming over on Saturday hopefully so we can make it a smooth transition from the old to the new. I'm sure there will be a lot of frustration on my part learning how to use the new one, but it's a challenge I will gladly take on. I was in desperate need of an upgrade. My computer is so full that I can't upload any new programs, so I'm more than excited to get acquainted with my new baby. I will be giving my old one to Kyle. He is thrilled and has been clearing a spot in his room for it. With what's left from the sale of the bike, Mark is buying a cheaper motorcycle, and we are paying off a couple of debts, so even though we both miss that beautiful motorcycle, we are able to do more with the money earned.
Mark also got me a new bottle of Tresor by Lancome. I so LOOOVE this stuff! It's the only perfume I wear and I wear it every single day. My last bottle just ran out, but it lasted 2 1/2 years, so I think that's pretty darn good.
Before I go...to answer the question about taking good fireworks photo's. I used my Canon Rebel XT and I put on my external flash so that the manual one wouldn't pop up automatically. So no flash!...that's my only secret with that.
Almost forgot to mention that this morning while I was in the shower I noticed that I chipped my front right tooth. NICE! Have NO clue how that happened. Wouldn't you know my dentist doesn't work on Friday's, so I have to be insecure about it for the entire weekend. I won't be smiling big or holding long conversations with anyone. I've already been dealing with some pretty serious self esteem issues lately, so this didn't help. What added fuel to the fire was trying on bra's in Victoria Secrets in front of a ginormous mirror. I don't recommend changing clothes in front of a mirror of any size but especially not one so freaking big. It's a little bit too enlightening. On a good note, I have been exercising the past couple of days and I'm really feeling the burn. It's a good feeling!
Have a great weekend everyone! Gotta get up early. Saturday morning is bountiful baskets day! I'm taking some boys with me this time to help sort the produce. Can't wait to see all the beautiful fruits and veggies.

18 comments:

Jacquie said...

Awwww how sweet is your husband! Nice looking computer!

I use to wear Tresor, haven't for awhile. I go thru phases. It will always remind me of when Bruce and I got married, that is what I was wearing at the time. Ahhhhh good memories :-)

Anonymous said...

WOW you are soooooo lucky a new computer and my fav perfume tooooo..... Your fireworks photos are awesome.

Have a great weekend.

Amie xx

Valerie said...

it's sad Mark parted with one of his babies, but i'm glad y'all got another one...the Georges' wouldn't be the same without one!

and congrats on the new computer & parfume! and no worries - try to see yourself the way we do...we love you just the way you are.

Kimberly said...

I think your hubby is a real keeper! LOL! To sell his motorcycle and then get you a new computer...such a great guy. And you got perfume to boot. Have a great weekend and don't worry about that tooth. You was talking about being a little insecure...at least you go into Victoria Secrets...i guess i don't think I am worthy...i hate going in there to get my undies next to toothpick girls! LOL! Any way Have a great day!

Chickenbells said...

Congrats on the new computer and perfume! How lovely, hopefully it will take the sting away from the mirrors at VS. And, with all that exercise, there will be no hiney hang over anywhere!

Carol Dunton said...

Kuddos to you both for making changes that you needed to make...not always easy to do... enjoy the new computer and perfume... Girl, don't get down on yourself! None of us is perfect! We all have sagging boobs, stretch marks, gut overhang, wobbly thighs, thinning hair, uneven complextions, and on and on and on... So welcome to the group! We love you because of your INsides, not your OUTsides! Have fun with the new toy! : )
VB

Bethany E. said...

Woohoo! You got a new computer...awesome! Can't wait to here about how much you love it! :)

And yes, the fireworks pics are gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new computer! Oh, I bet it is hard to see he bike leave. Wow, what a husband you have!!! I love reading yur blog, it makes me giggle.
Thank you for the comments on my blog. I was able to have El Rey's take out while in Globe. It took me a few days to recover when we got to Globe. I didn't really get out much. Yes, that was the scrapbook store I got to visit. Oh gotta go, someone just punched someone here!!!
Blessings
Tiara

Mary Jo said...

Congrats on the new computer! You are crackin' me up talking about your hiney hanging over the side of the motorcycle!! Don't feel bad about the Victoria's Secret ordeal. I don't think I could even get a pair of those so-called undies up past my knee! :o)~

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new 'puter! You'll have fun with this one!

Cassandra said...

I'm so sorry Mark sold his motorcycle. Although, I know it will feel good to get some debt out of the way. I'm anxious to get working (someday) so we can do the same! Congratulations on the new perfume and computer! I love the pictures from the 4th...Love Brittany's dress! I need to find some cute stuff to fit my belly in to...things are starting to fit a little SNUG =)

Anonymous said...

WOW! Mark hooked you up girl!
What a man :)

Diana said...

Blogger has been making my life a pain too. Our comp is new! So I hope you have better luck with yours!
I know that you will enjoy it none the less!
Mark... seems fitting that he be married to such a great catch as you! Made for each other!

Cheryl Wray said...

So cool about your new computer. And I also love that fragrance!!!

Susie Q said...

Have fun with your new toy sweetie! Mark is a real keeper I do think. : )
And that scrumptious perfume too!
A good smellin' bloggin' woman!
YOU ARE A VERY LOVELY LADY!!! REALLY PRETTY! And that is the truth. I have horrednous self esteem issues too but I AM telling you the truth! YOU ARE REALLY LOVELY! Inside and out!

Love,
Sue

Melissa said...

Yay for a new computer! How sweet of Mark to get you one with the bike proceeds!

Briana said...

Hope your new computer is set up and you'll be back here more often! I miss your daily blog posts!

Wendster said...

Trying on Victoria's secret bras in front of a big mirror? Girl ... soon your hubby will think you ARE a Victoria's Secret model!!! You just keep up the work outs. You are a beautiful woman. Skinny is just a cherry on the cake. All we need to lose is a pound at a time. Even if you lose just two pounds a month, in three years you would lose 72 pounds!!! Slow but steady, girlfriend! YOu can do it!!!