Thursday, May 25, 2006

home improvements

There are lots of changes going on here on the home front. We got carpet installed in the family room and living room on Tuesday. We still need to do Brek and Brittany's room. It was original to the house (1987)...pretty bad! We're talking rusty peach color with permanent stains bad. It is different and prettier than what we put upstairs several months ago. We ordered living room furniture a month ago, but the fabric is on back order so we are still waiting. The plan is to put the blue furniture down stairs because it goes better with the red walls and put the brown furniture in storage for Brek and Brittany to use later. I got paint and stuff to redo two bathrooms in blue and tan relaxing spa like colors. Plus more red paint in a deeper tone to go over the red walls in the family room. Paint is such a cheap way to make things look new...Love that! The best part is that we FINALLY got new bedroom furniture that we will be picking up Saturday morning. For those of you that know and have seen the set that I've had for the past 20 years that was given to me by my in-laws (it was theirs when they were married some 40+++years ago) Hello! It is TIME for an upgrade. Nothing against the in-laws because I love them dearly...not like some of you who have monster in-laws, but I think I've been a real trooper for holding out a full 20 years, 2 months and 19 days. :o) Pictures to come as things get put together. I'm so excited! I love creating a home that is welcoming to my family and friends and a place that I love to be....FUN STUFF!

6 comments:

Pam said...

Woohoo! Can't wait to see your photos! I love your decorating taste!

Glad to hear you don't have a monstor-in-law! ;)

Grandma September said...

Wow Jolene! This is all so exciting! Can't wait to see everything. I don't have monster-in-laws either, my in-laws are wonderful to me. :)

Joni said...

How fun! I have big plans for the summer - one of which may be to rip the carpet out of our living room one day. Surprise, honey! ha.... Have fun redecorating! Your spa colors sound nice - relaxing. :)

Chris G said...

HELLO!! Tease us with the details and make us wait for the pictures!! Not fair!! When you are done are you coming to my house for decorating advise?? Your home is so dang cute!!

Chris G said...

P.S. you should post a picture of your old (very old) bed!! does it still have the fence headboard?

Jolene George said...

Okay! promise pictures tomorrow! I'm still not done with my bedroom and haven't even started the bathrooms. The dresser mirror came broken, so we had to get that replaced. Plus it's still a disaster in there. Never knew I had so much stuff. :o)