Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Happy mail

Do you know how happy I was this morning to discover that happy mail does indeed come clear out to the little town of Maricopa. I got a little teary eyed to find 3 packages sitting on my front porch. All 3 were sent to me for different reasons. Heather made me this adorable Americana altered paint can just because she knew I've been going through a lot and could use some cheering up. I love it and will display it proudly.Then I opened the box from Missy. She sent me a motorcycle chick Jolee's that I have never seen before, a cute little calendar, and some chocolate just to celebrate spring. How sweet is that?!
Then I opened a box from Amy. Inside was thin mint cookies (which I have already started eating...I couldn't help myself), and a beautifully wrapped package you would have thought a professional had wrapped. I of course had to take a picture before I tore into it. To my surprise she sent me that amazing chipboard pack she had talked about on her blog (that I did not win), a making memories letter "J" to alter, all nestled around my most favorite candy cane kisses! This package was for my birthday. All 3 of these sweet girls gave me cards with thoughtful messages inside. Now who could possibly have a bad day after all that? Not me! My day is going to be great. Getting ready to clean the kitchen with a smile on my face. Tonight I'm feeding dinner to our good friend Nick and his 3 boys, then I'm taking pictures of all of them with their dog so they can have some pictures before all his boys are off to college and missions. Wish me luck!
Thank you so much sweet friends. Happy mail really does make you happy. Love you girls!
I really do plan to catch up with everyone. My site meter count has dropped since I've been so busy and I totally understand why. I know I've been a bad blogging buddy and promise to do better once I have essential things done to make everyday living around here a little easier. There is still so much to unpack. I will be posting pictures of my scraproom as soon as Mark mounts my TV on the wall. I really love this room.



13 comments:

Amie said...

How lucky are you to have special friends who send you just gorgeous gifts.... Everyone knows how busy you have been, I don't think your a bad blogging buddy just a very busy one atm..

Have a good day Amie

Andi said...

What wonderful gifts and what great friends...all of which you deserve Jolene! I want to see what you do with the chipboard letter...so please be sure and post a photo whenever you get around to finishing it.

What did Chad think of the album you made and took to him?

Looking forward to the pictures of your scrapbook room and all of your new home.

Jamie said...

Wow Jolene! I know all that happy mail must have brightened your day.

Those are some great friends that you have.

Susie Q said...

Sweet gifts from sweet friends!
Never fails to perk up a tired spirit! You have to be smiling now huh? : )
We are all out here...and FULLY understand how busy you are!! WE all know how that is.
Take care of yourself!
Love,
Sue

Kim said...

Happy mail is the best to get! Hopefully, things will settle down for you and your family. Your in my prayers!

~Telah said...

How wonderful to get such special things! You deserve them! Have a great week!

Chickenbells said...

Don't you love the happy mail? I tell you, it always comes at the right time! Ohhhh...have you tried the coconut kisses? They are absolutely divine...

Anonymous said...

Awesome mail...love the chipboard, had it in my cart a few weeks ago and didn't buy it....should I? Does it have cool stuff in the pack? It is such a great deal, just not sure the quality. Enjoy your goodies!

Rhona said...

What lovely friends you have and what gorgeous happy mail - wish we got that sort of mail over here ;o)
After all that you've been going through recently you more than deserve it. Hope things are improving day by day - unpacking all those boxes always seems to take longer than packing them! We'll still be around when you've finished unpacking so don't worry about the blogging =o). xx

Jacquie said...

Can't wait to see pictures when you are all done unpacking.

It's always nice to receive lovely little packages, great friends.

Bethany E. said...

What nice mail and Amy is such a sweatheart! Glad the happy mail cheered you up! Can't wait to see more pictures :)

Meg said...

What beautiful, thoughtful gifts. I would have been thrilled as well. Hope the dinner was fun with all the boys!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so glad you liked your gifts!